The village of Freshford lies about four miles to the south of Bath and has a church, an old mill, a post office and of course our school. The school was founded in 1847 and has occupied the same site throughout its history. In July 2001 the new extension was completed.
There are currently 146 children at the school, split into five classes. They are George Class – named after George Roberts who lived in Freshford and enjoyed coming in to help the children in this particular class.
Bythesea and Joyce Classes are named after old Freshford families. Mrs Joyce was instrumental in setting up a school for the ‘paupers’ of the Parish.
Mill Class_ is named after Freshford Mill, reflecting the strong woollen history of the village and Ashe Class is named after John Ashe, a local clothier.
For more information about the history of Freshford Village click here.
For up-to-date news about the village click here.