Freshford Church School PTA
The Freshford Church School PTA is an integral part of our school community, raising much-needed funds to support the learning of every child.
Since its inception, the PTA has raised thousands of pounds, which have been spent on improving equipment and resources to enhance our children’s education and the school’s facilities in general.
Schools are becoming more and more dependent on their PTAs for funds, without which our children would not get the benefits of all the great activities and experiences which make our school so special – Let’s Explore, History Week, Shakespeare Projects and many more.
The PTA has a programme of fundraising events and activities that take place throughout the year including school discos, cake sales, jumble sales and a Christmas Fayre. It also provides invaluable support for initiatives and activities within the school, as well as contributing towards the school’s Hardship Fund.
There is always something going on, and there are so many ways in which to get involved – from joining the PTA Committee to helping with events and activities, or simply doing your weekly online shop via Give as you Live.
The PTA depends on a continual cycle of parental involvement. As children reach their final year and leave, so do their parents/guardians.
All parents/guardians/carers of children at the school, are automatically members of the PTA and every voice counts.
Without all your support, there is no PTA.
PTA Committee members 2022/2023
Chair: Emily Pennant-Rea
Treasurer: Mark Rawson
Secretary: Kate Courage
Governor rep: George Tomlinson and Talia Kelly
General committee members: Gemma Hardy, Ghania Fertout, Stuart Sellers
Supporting the PTA
The PTA appreciate any support you are able to offer, here are just some of the ways you can support the PTA fundraising efforts:
- Amazon Smile - sign up to smile.amzon.com
- Give as you live - raise money for us while you shop with a huge range of retailers from groceries and clothing to travel and insurance www.giveasyoulive.com
- Volunteer at an event - many hands make light work, so please take a look at our events calendar below and let us know when you can help
- Support events - even if you can't volunteer, please try to come along and help promote our events
- Organise an event - we're always keen to support new fundraising ideas, so please let us know if there is something you'd like to do
- Make a one off or regular financial donation - you can make donations either directly into the PTA account or via Give as you Live
- Match funding - if you work for a company that offers match funding why not take part in a sponsored event in aid of the PTA
- Offer your skills / expertise - if you have a specialist skill, qualification or expertise that you think could benefit the school and / or the PTA please get in touch. This could be anything from accounting to architecture to gardening and carpentry.
|14th Oct - Joyce class cake sale
|27th Jan - Mill class cake sale
|28th April - BTS class cake sale
|14th Oct - Chris Roche talk
|24th Feb - Joyce class cake sale
|14th May - Big May Ramble
|21st Oct - Halloween Disco *
|8th March - Spring disco *
|26th May - George class cake sale
|29th Oct - George Scotland's
Barclays bike ride
|26th March - Musical Munch
|14th June - Summer disco *
|3rd Nov - Freshford Fireworks *
|31st March - Ashe class cake sale
|25th Nov - Ashe class cake sale
|9th Dec - Nativity including George / BTS cake sale and drinks *
* indicates annual events that are firmly embedded in the school's calendar.
For further information visit the PTA events page.
Standing Orders and Donations
We are very grateful to all the people who have set up standing orders to the PTA which gives us a really good safety net of money coming in and puts a bit less pressure on the events.
If you haven’t got round to it yet but would like to, all you need to do is set up a regular standing order to the PTA of the amount you would like to donate through your online banking. If you require bank account details please e mail either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Gift Aid will also be claimed on this.
You can also make one off donations via our Give as you Live page (link below).